Saturday, February 13, 2010

4 Foods That Help Your Heart!

Garlic: Yes, this good tasting stuff that makes your breath smell bad also helps your heart a lot! Some ways you can use garlic are using it as a seasoning for food so you can greatly reduce salt. I'm going to be eating a lot of garlic! Not because it helps your heart though, I have to keep the vampires and werewolves away that live under my bed!
Salmon: Salmon might not taste as good as a saturated fat burger, but it sure helps your heart A LOT MORE. Yes, some saturated fat is fine, but reducing it to a little goes a long way. The daily cheeseburger some tubby people eat has more than half a day's worth of the artery clogging fat that increases your risk for a heart attack. Sure it's ok to eat them sometimes, but when you eat salmon it lowers that risk thanks to heart healthy fats. Now when I eat my burgers, something fishy bothers me, telling me I'm doing the wrong thing!


Berries and Cherries: Yum!! One food on this list so far I think is yummy! I have to give props to nature’s candy. These sweet treats are high in polyphenols, trust me. (I didn't know what that was until I looked it up! It helps prevent cell damage!)
Hot Cocoa: You read right... HOT COCOA!!! Hot cocoa is brimming with antioxidants! Suprisingly, it has two times more than red wine and three times more than green tea. The cool February temperatures are no match for a mug of hot cocoa. I'm going to drink this every SINGLE day it's cold!

No comments:

Post a Comment