Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Expensive Art!


A rare life-size and life-time bronze cast, from 1961, of Alberto Giacometti's L'Homme Qui Marche I, better known as "Walking Man," became the most expensive work of art ever to sell at auction today. It sold for an amazing $104,327,006!!! The man sorta resembles me... skinny and scraggly!
The price barely edged out the previous record, set in 2004 by Pablo Picasso's Garcon a la Pipe, 1905, which went for $104.1 million at the time. I won't earn that much money in my whole life!
Estimated to sell for £12-18 million, the much-talked-about Giacometti figure of a spindly man, who resembles a survivor of an event, frozen in mid-stride, started bids at 104 million! Good God!! I'm gonna go carve a piece of rock myself and become a millionaire!!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome post! No grammatical mistakes and very nicely written. (Except for the parts that you cut and posted from the internet! Don't think I didn't notice!)
    P.S. What does "who resembles a survivor of an event" mean?

    ReplyDelete