Sunday, January 31, 2010

The Dollar Bill

Money, money, money. One thing in the world I love truly! Only recently have I and others found out there may be more meaning to a dollar bill then just a slip of paper with ink on it. I have found out that in the corner next to the 1 is either a hidden owl or a hidden spider! Amazing, isn't it?!

Also, money isn't just made of paper, it's made of cotton and linen, which is why it doesn't fall apart in the wash like paper. If you look closely on the face you can see red and blue lines that looks like lint but doesn't scratch off!

Let's not forget on the face of a dollar, what does the letter inside the circular seal mean? I didn't know this for a while but the black seal with the big letter in the middle signifies the Federal Reserve bank that placed the order for the bill. A = Boston, B = New York City, C = Philadelphia, D = Cleveland, E = Richmond, Va., F = Atlanta, G = Chicago, H = St. Louis, I = Minneapolis, J = Kansas City, K = Dallas. Interesting huh?! The dollar bill is more than just paper and ink. It looks more like a proud motto of our America!


1 comment:

  1. Lol...an owl. It's the dangerous 3 legged spider that made all the webbing on the front! I'm sorry but in the 45 years that I've shown this to people and won bets with, nobody has ever said it looks like an owl.

    ReplyDelete