Friday, October 8, 2010

Expensive Painting!


In Paris, an apartment was locked up and untouched for 70 years. It wasn't abandoned or empty though - don't think that! The rent was being paid, and the smelly place was filled with furniture, books, and a lot of art. One of those paintings, it turns out, was worth a lot of money! And when I say a lot, I mean A LOT!

The valuable work of art is by Italian artist Giovanni Boldini and recently sold for 2.1 million pounds (around US $2.9 million) at auction. The painting's subject was a woman in a pink muslin evening dress. I don't know much about Boldini so I didn't really see why it was so important but it sure was expensiveeeeeee!

I've never heard of someone paying rent on an apartment for 70 years and never going there! 70 years, people! What's amazing too - the 70 years of dust didn't damage the painting! Whoa!

No comments:

Post a Comment