Friday, November 26, 2010

Macy's Thanksgiving Parade 2010


The Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade is often shortened to Macy's Day Parade. This parade is an annual parade presented by Macy's. The parade was started in 1927 and done every year after that. 1927, people. That's older than my dad... that's amazing! The three-hour event is held in New York City at 9:00 am every Thanksgiving morning!

What makes it so amazing to me is all the giant floating balloons! Like Kermit, Po from Kung Fu Panda, SpongeBob SquarePants, Scooby Doo and more! This year they even had the character from one of my favorite books, Diary of a Wimpy Kid. Awesome! One day I want to go... if only I had family in New York so that way I could stay at their house and mooch off their Thanksgiving food since every place will be closed!

No comments:

Post a Comment