Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Of Thee I Sing


Two years after Election Day, a book that our very president, President Barack Obama, wrote will be released! I'm so going to read it! It is inspirational stories for children about successful Americans and people that helped us be where we are today.

Of Thee I Sing: A Letter to My Daughters is a tribute to 13 groundbreaking Americans. It ranges from the first president, George Washington, to baseball great Jackie Robinson! Now I actually want to read a book! My mom is going to be so suprised!

Barack Obama is not the first president to write for young people. President Jimmy Carter wrote a book called "The Little Baby Snoogle-Fleejer" that was published in 1995, but that was more than a decade after he left office.

I'm proud of you, Mr. President! Doing something else than just fixing our country! But where do you find the time? :) I'm going to read that book and I bet I'm going to give it an A++. Check back in after November 16 for a review!

No comments:

Post a Comment