Saturday, September 4, 2010

Teen Disqualifies Himself


Ok, ok, I lied... in my last blog I said I wouldn't do any more golf stories... but I just HAD to write about this one! It's not really about golf anyway... it's about doing the right thing even if it hurts you!

A boy named Zach Nash won the boys' 13-14 division of the Wisconsin PGA, knocking off 31 other players. Afterward, Nash went to celebrate with one of his teachers, Chris Wood. That's where ttroubles began... Chris noticed an extra club in Zach's bag and showed it to him. Unfortunately for Zach, a friend of his had left the club at his house and Zach put it in his bag, not realizing it put him one over the limit of 14 clubs. Zach 'fessed up... and was then disqualified from the tournament.

Zach, who in my eyes is a role model, called the Wisconsin PGA, explained what had happened, and sent back the medal from the tournament! How brave of him! They gave the trophy to the second place winner but in my eyes, Zach is the real winner here!

No comments:

Post a Comment