Tuesday, September 21, 2010

World's Oldest Man's Birthday Today!


A Montana resident believed to be the world's oldest man celebrated his 114th birthday today! Phew, man is this guy old! I'd have to live 8 of my lifetimes to be as old as he is!

Walter Breuning was born on Sept. 21, 1896. That's in the 19th century, yo! He's lived in three different centuries, the 19th, the 20th, and now the 21st! Wow! I bet there aren't too many people who can claim that!
Walter moved to Montana in 1918. (That, in case you didn't know, was when the First World War ended.) He then worked as a clerk for the Great Norther Railway for 50 years! 50 YEARS! 50, people!!!!!

His wife died in 1957 and the couple had no children...

Walter had joked around (I hope) that the secret to long life was "Cigarettes, whisky and wild, wild women and a good sense of humor." The good sense of humor part I buy.

Walter has celebrity status at the retirement home where he lives, with visitors waiting in line to see him! I wouldn't really want to be the oldest person on Earth, but I wouldn't mind being famous. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment